Creating an API key generates a public and secret key to access the Exchange at the API level. The secret key is revealed when first created; however, upon refreshing the page or navigating elsewhere, the secret key will be hidden for security reasons. If you forget your secret key, you need to create a new one.
1. Log In to your Crypto.com Exchange account.
2. After you've logged in to your account, click your Profile (upper right-hand corner)
3. Select Settings, then API Keys.
4. Select Create a new API key, enter the description/label, and enter your 2FA code.
5. A public and secret key will be generated, and you have the option to enable IP restrictions. All new API Keys created will be by default “Can Read”. You can then choose to enable trading for the API Key.
NOTE: When creating an API key to give to external sites (e.g., for tax or portfolio tracking purposes), please do your diligence to review the validity of the site. Moreover, always ensure that you set the API restriction for Can Read only purposes in these scenarios.