Creating an API key generates a public and secret key to access the Exchange at the API level. The secret key is revealed when first created; however, upon refreshing the page or navigating elsewhere, the secret key will be hidden for security reasons. If you forget your secret key, you need to create a new one.
1. Log In to your Crypto.com Exchange account.
2. After you've logged in to your account, click your Profile (upper right-hand corner)
3. Select Settings, then API Keys.
4. Select Create a new API key and enter the description/label, decide whether it is for read only or for trading purposes, and lastly, enter your 2FA code.
5. A public and secret key will be generated, and you have the option to enable IP restrictions; however, in order to change the API restrictions, you must create a new API key with the new setting.
NOTE: When creating an API key to give to external sites (e.g., for tax or portfolio tracking purposes), please do your due diligence to review the validity of the site. Moreover, always ensure that you set the API restriction for read only purposes in these scenarios.