Please refresh your wallet by pulling down the screen on the home page to sync the latest balances and transactions.
After you confirm to send crypto, the transaction is immediately broadcasted to the network and is shown as “pending” until there is at least one confirmation. The time it takes for a transaction to be confirmed depends on the confirmation speed you have selected in the transaction review screen. The higher the fee, the faster a transaction will be confirmed - however this varies for each token due to the overall network traffic and consensus mechanism.
For your convenience, your “pending” transactions are displayed on the home screen for you to easily keep track. Once the first confirmation is received and the transaction is verified on the network, your transaction will move from “pending” to “completed” on Crypto.com Wallet.
Why is my transaction still pending beyond the estimated confirmation time?
Occasionally, transactions are not accepted by the network and remain marked as “pending” for 2-3 days. Typically these transactions will never confirm. These problematic transactions are typically due to:
- Congested traffic on the blockchain network: There is an increase in the number of transactions on the blockchain network, causing congestion and delays that are not under Crypto.com Wallet's control
- A low fee setting was selected: By default, the selected confirmation speed is “Fast”. There are 3 confirmation speeds for your selection in the send review screen, tap on the dropdown to change the confirmation speed - fee tier accordingly.
You may also check on the explorer to see the latest status via transaction details > [View Status on Explorer]
My ETH/ERC-20 transaction has been pending for days, how can I cancel or replace the stuck transaction?
First, tap on the transaction details [View Status on Explorer] to see the latest status on the explorer (please refer to the above screenshot).
- Success: Your transaction was successfully mined and is on the blockchain. Please pull down to refresh your wallet to dismiss the pending transaction.
- Failed: If you see a red (!) symbol, or a “BAD INSTRUCTION” or “OUT OF GAS” error message, it means that the transaction was not successfully sent. You cannot cancel or replace this transaction. Instead, send a new transaction. If you received an “Out of Gas” error, you should avoid choosing the “average” fee tier when the network is congested.
- Reverted: This is likely to be a smart contract user-error, please double-check the actions you’re taking.
- Transaction Not Found: This transaction cannot be found. It’s possible that it did not go through. Please send a new transaction.
- Pending: Your transaction was located in the transaction pool of the explorer you are using. It is currently pending (waiting to be mined). There is a chance you can cancel or replace this transaction
Second, after confirming your pending transaction is indeed still pending on the Explorer, you may try to cancel and replace the transaction by using the replace-by-fee method.
- Canceling: Generating a 0 ETH transaction to your own address with a higher fee to prevent the previous stuck transaction from the process of waiting for confirmation
- Replacing: Generating a new send ETH transaction to another address with a higher fee while simultaneously not having the previous stuck transaction go through.
We recommend cancelling the transaction over replacing as it is not guaranteed your second transaction will actually replace your first one. Your first transaction could still be mined first, invalidating your second transaction. Choosing to replace a transaction with a new one could lead to more confusion, or ETH spent unnecessarily in the form of gas.
We’re working to support the function on Crypto.com Wallet, meanwhile, you may use MyEtherWallet on desktop to try cancel the pending transaction -
- Backup your recovery phrase on Crypto.com Wallet
- Go to MyEtherWallet web interface > Software > Mnemonic Phrase to import your wallet
- After successfully import your wallet, go to [Send Transaction]
- Choose the token that you want to clear the pending transaction
- Ensure the send amount is 0
- Select from dropdown and choose “My Address” as the recipient
- Click [Send Transaction]
- A dialog will appear. Click the “Yes, I’m Sure” button to send.
- A new transaction hash will appear. Click the link to view it and see if you were successful. If it doesn’t show up immediately, try refreshing in a few minutes.
- Once this 0 transaction is confirmed and shown as successful, your pending transaction should be failed and your balance should be updated on Crypto.com Wallet.
Please note that ETH will be used as gas fees in an attempt to cancel the pending transaction and there is no guarantee this will work every time.