On a daily basis (UTC 00:00-23:59), your CRO DeFi Yield allocation will be calculated
- based on your share of liquidity provided as a percentage of total liquidity across pools
- adjusted by a multiplier determined by CRO staking level and term
The daily CRO yield pool is equal to a % of CRO amount staked per day (with a daily minimum of CRO allocated as yield for a short period after launch)
Your accrued CRO DeFi Yield is updated at UTC 08:00 daily and is ready to harvest with vesting of T+30 days or T+ 90 days -
- Staked 100k CRO or above: T+30 days
- Staked less than 100k CRO: T+90 days
You will be able to claim your yield from the DeFi Swap “Boost” section once the vesting period is over for your first daily accrued CRO yield
Please note that:
- There is no auto distribution, you will have to submit an on-chain request to claim the funds.
- Your daily accrued CRO yield vesting period depends on your total CRO staked amount of that particular day
- E.g. If your total CRO staked amount increases above 100k CRO today, your daily CRO yield accrued today would then be “harvestable” T+30 days while previous accrued CRO yield would still be only “harvestable” T+90 days
The table below summarizes the CRO DeFi Yield multiplier by CRO staking level and term, which will be applied to the liquidity provided as a percentage of total liquidity across pools to calculate a user’s share of the daily yield pool. The table is valid at protocol launch, and is subject to future update. Please refer to the DeFi Swap web app for the latest version.
Under the current set-up, users can get up to 20x multiplier, if they stake 50,000,000 CRO for 4 years.
- You are able to stake more than once, however, your CRO DeFi Yield multiplier is based on each individual staking term + stake amount. Your CRO DeFi Yield multiplier is not calculated based on the sum of your individual CRO stakes.
- E.g. To achieve a 12.0x multiplier, you must stake 1,000,000 CRO for a 4-year term. Staking twice, once with a 4-year term of 100,000 CRO and a second stake of 900,000 CRO for 4-years won’t generate a 12.0x multiplier. You will get a 6.0x multiplier for the first stake and an 8.0x multiplier for the second.
- Scroll down to view a volume weighted-average calculation of your aggregate CRO DeFi Yield multiplier if you have more than 1 CRO staking term
Daily CRO DeFi Yield Example Calculation:
Let’s take a look at an example. Let’s assume that, as of today:
- You have provided $10,000 worth of liquidity and
- The current total liquidity across liquidity pools is $5,000,000
- You have staked 100,000 CRO for 4-year term
Given the above assumptions, then as of today:
- Your share of liquidity provided as a percentage of total liquidity across pools is $10,000 / $5,000,000 = 0.2%
- Your CRO yield multiplier is 6.0x
- Your liquidity pool crop weight is 0.2% x 6% x 1,000,000 (normalizer) = 120
Also assume that, as of today:
- The total combined liquidity pool crop weight across all users is 500,000
- The CRO yield pool size is 1,000,000 CRO
- CRO’s market price is at $0.18
Given the above assumptions, then:
- Your share of the daily CRO yield pool is 120 / 500,000 = 0.024%
- Your accrued CRO DeFi yield for the day is 1,000,000 CRO x 0.024% = 240 CRO
- Your annualized yield is 87,600 CRO, assuming all factors remain constant
- Your APY % (assume linear returns) based on your liquidity provided will be 240 CRO x $0.18 / $10,000 x 365 = 158%
Aggregate CRO DeFi Yield Multiplier Example Calculation (more than 1 CRO staking term):
Let’s assume that you have 2 staking terms:
- Staked 100,000 CRO for a 1-year term -> 3.0x
- Staked 500,000 CRO for a 4-year term -> 8.0x
[3 x (100,000 / 600,000)] + [8 x (500,000 / 600,000)]
= 0.5 + 6.666666667