What are the tax reports supported?
Currently, the following tax reports can be automatically generated for you:
Capital gain/loss: proceeds, cost basis, selling expense, and capital gain/loss
Transaction history: detailed transactions for you to keep the books and records
Income report: details of all the cryptocurrency you received
It shows whether the income received is taxable or not.
Gifts, donations & payments report: details of all the cryptocurrency you sent
(US specific) IRS forms
Pre-selected box C for Part I and box F for Part II
If users receive the 1099-B forms, please check the boxes A-B for Part I and E-F for Part II
(US specific) Tax filing software
Import file for TurboTax Online
Import file for TurboTax CD/Download
Import file for TaxAct
(US only) How do I import the tax reports into TurboTax CD/Download?
Download the TurboTax CD/Download CSV File from your account in Crypto.com Tax
1. Click File at the top right corner and choose Import From Accounting Software
2. Choose the first program Other Financial Software (TXF file) and click Continue
3. Click Browse Files… and upload the CSV file downloaded from Crypto.com tax
4. Press Import Now after checking the data is correctly imported by clicking View Details
5. Click Done and continue to complete the rest of the form
1. Click File in the Mac header
Choose Import in the drop-down menu and select From TXF Files
2. Upload the TXF File downloaded from our tax platform
Click Continue after importing the file
3. Click Import Now when the documents are ready
4. Click Done and complete the rest of the form
(US only) How do I import the tax reports into TurboTax Online?
1. Download the TurboTax Online CSV file under Tax Report from your account in Crypto.com Tax
2. Log in to TurboTtax and go to the section of Wages & Income. Click Edit/Add next to Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
3. Select Cryptocurrency and click Continue at the bottom
4. Click Try another way at the bottom
5. Select Use a CSV file and click Continue
6. Choose Crypto.com in the drop-down menu under Crypto Service
7. Upload the TurboTax Online CSV file downloaded from Crypto.com Tax
8. You can edit your transactions by clicking Edit or add other transactions by clicking Add more sales on this page
(US only) How do I import the tax reports into TaxAct?
1. Download the TaxAct CSV file under Tax Report in your Crypto.com Tax’s account
2. Login to TaxAct and clicks Help Center in the top right corner
Type “csv” and search
Jump to CSV file Import
Click CSV Import as your option of Stock (crypto) Data CSV Import
3. Upload your TaxAct CSV file in the following steps:
Choose your CSV file to upload and click Continue
Check if you can upload all the transactions before clicking Continue. You can also import again by clicking Back at the bottom left
Adjust the header if you find they do not fit the requirement from TaxAct
Select the transactions you want to import. If you want to select all, you can check the box next to Import
Press import if you find the imported data are fine
You can also review the transactions by clicking Stock Assistant.
We’ll continue to add support to other necessary forms that are required by different jurisdictions as we expand our service to cover more countries. Stay tuned!
I need additional data for tax audits. What can I do?
Transaction history contains all your imported transactions and should serve as the source of truth if your tax authority is asking for detailed information. However, if there is any other type of data you need for transactions performed with Crypto.com, please contact us and our support team will get back to you as soon as possible.
We strongly recommend that you keep all the records as Crypto.com Tax is under no obligation to store, retain and or provide access to the information you may need for the purposes of assisting you with responding to tax authority queries or audits into your own tax affairs.