Everything related to the tax reports that Crypto.com Tax can generate for you
What are the tax reports supported?
Currently, we support the following tax reports that are necessary for your tax filing:
1. Capital gain/loss: proceeds, cost basis, selling expense and capital gain/loss
2. Transaction history: detailed transactions for you to keep the books and records
3. Income report: details of all the cryptocurrency you received
4. Gifts, donations & payments report: details of all the cryptocurrency you sent
5. (US specific) IRS forms
- Form 8949 (Pre-selected box C for Part I and box F for Part II. If users receive the 1099-B forms, please check the boxes A-B for Part I and E-F for Part II)
- Schedule D
6, (US specific) Tax filing software
- Import file for TurboTax Online
- Import file for TurboTax CD/Download
- Import file for TaxAct
(US only) How do I import the tax reports into TurboTax CD/Download?
1. Download the TurboTax CD/Download CSV File from your account in Crypto.com Tax
2. Click File at the top right corner and choose Import From Accounting Software
3. Choose the first program Other Financial Software (TXF file) and click Continue
4. Click Browse Files… and upload the CSV file downloaded from Crypto.com tax.
5. Press Import Now after checking the data is correctly imported by clicking View Details
6. Click Done and continue to complete the rest of the form.
(US only) How do I import the tax reports into TurboTax Online?
1. Download the Turbotax Online CSV file under Tax Report from your account in Crypto.com Tax
2. Login to Turbotax and goes to the section of Wages & Income
3. Select Investment Income and click Start/Revisit next to Cryptocurrency
4. Click Add more and then select any of the below exchanges. Click Continue at the bottom left.
5. Upload the Turbotax Online CSV file downloaded from Crypto.com Tax.
6. Press Select all then click Continue at the bottom
7. You can also add other transactions by clicking Add more
(US only) How do I import the tax reports into TaxAct?
1. Download the TaxAct CSV file under Tax Report in your Crypto.com Tax’s account
2. Login to TaxAct and clicks Help in the top right corner
a) Type “csv” and search
b) Jump to CSV file Import
c) Click CSV Import as your option of stock (crypto) data import
3. Upload your TaxAct CSV file in the following steps:
a) Choose your CSV file to upload and click Continue
b) Check if you can upload all the transactions before clicking Continue. You can also import again by clicking Back at the bottom left
c) Adjust the header if you find they do not fit the requirement from TaxAct
d) Select the transactions you want to import. If you want to select all, you can check the box next to Import
e) Press import if you find the imported data are fine
f) You can also review the transactions by clicking Stock Assistant.
We’ll continue to add support to other necessary forms that are required by different jurisdictions as we expand our service to cover more countries. Stay tuned!
I need additional data for tax audits. What can I do?
Transaction history contains all your imported transactions and should serve as the source of truth if your tax authority is asking for detailed information. However, if there is any other type of data you need, please contact us and our support team will get back to you as soon as possible.
We strongly recommend that you keep all the records as Crypto.com Tax is under no obligation to store, retain and or provide access to the information you may need for the purposes of assisting you with responding to tax authority queries or audits into your own tax affairs.