Step 1: Register Crypto.com Pay Account
Navigate to the “Activation” tab on your dashboard and, complete the KYC requirements.
Once you have access to the Crypto.com Pay Merchant Dashboard, You will be able to generate a secret key and publishable key pair. The API keys can be found inside the Developers > API Keys tab.
Step 2: Install the plugin on WordPress
After you have WordPress and WooCommerce installed, download and install the plugin via your WordPress admin panel. You can do this by going to Plugins > Add New then search for “Crypto.com Pay Checkout for WooCommerce” and then click Install Now.
Then you can Activate the plugin on the Plugins page.
Step 3: Enable payment method on WooCommerce
In the WordPress admin panel, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments, click Enable and then Manage next to the Crypto.com Pay plugin.
If you are testing with Test Data mode in the Crypto.com Pay Merchant dashboard, please select Test in Environment. Otherwise, please select Production.
Fill in the secret key and publishable key on the page using the values you obtained from Step 1, then copy Webhook Url from the page.
Navigate back to Crypto.com merchant dashboard, go to Developers > Webhooks tab. Click the Add Webhook button and then paste the Webhook Url copied into Payload URL, then a signature secret for webhook is generated. Paste this signature secret back to the Manage page of the WooCommerce Crypto.com Pay plugin.
Make sure to choose the correct Environment in the form, based on whether you are testing or not, and please make sure you input the keys and secrets correctly as they are different between testing mode and live mode.
Step 4: Verify the flow
At this point, Crypto.com Pay is fully integrated with your WooCommerce. But it is recommended to try to payment flow yourself at least once.
Here is the flow:
- Your customer chooses Crypto.com Pay as a payment method
- Once the Pay With Crypto.com Pay button has been clicked, a checkout window with a QR code will be launched. Customer can use the Crypto.com Wallet App to scan the QR code and initiates the payment approval process.
- When Crypto.com Pay approves the payment, the checkout window will indicate that the payment has been approved and your WooCommerce order status will also be updated.
In Test Data mode, you can click on the QR code to mimic a payment that has been approved by Crypto.com Pay.
Step 5: Configure Account for LIVE transactions
Once the payment flow is thoroughly tested, you could enable LIVE transactions by following the below:
- Log in to the Crypto.com merchant account
- Make sure the Test Data button at the menu bar is switched off so that you are in Live Data mode.
- Click the Developers tab on the Dashboard menu bar, follow Step 1 at the top of this guide to generate a new set of publishable key and secret key values for Live Data mode.
- Follow Step 3 to add a new webhook for Live Data mode, copy the webhook signature secret generated.
- Navigate back to your WordPress admin panel, then go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
- Select Production for Environment, paste the secret key, publishable key and webhook signature secret on the Configure page using the values you obtained for Live Data mode.
Congratulations, you could now accept cryptocurrency payments in Live Data mode.