How to purchase CRO and/or crypto in the Crypto.com App with my credit/debit card?
- Tap the Trade button, then Buy and select CRO or your preferred crypto to purchase.
- Add your credit/debit card on the screen that follows, which will create a secure link to our payment gateway.
- Please follow the on-screen instructions, entering your card details (your card number, name on the card, expiry date and the CVV code located at the back of the card).
- To verify your card, a small amount of $0.10 SGD (or local equivalent) will be temporarily held for up to 7 days and won’t be charged - please confirm this transaction in order to complete the process.
- Once complete, return to your CRO or crypto wallet under Accounts page, tap BUY button, enter the desired amounts and select your credit/debit card as the source of funds.
- Confirm the transaction with your passcode or fingerprint and the transaction will be processed*.
*Note: As of September 30, 2020, a credit/debit card processing fee may apply based on your region. The applicable fee of 0-3% will be shown in the confirmation screen.
If you encounter any problems with your crypto purchase, please contact our Support Team via the in-app chat. You may be asked to provide the date, time and approximate value of the transaction, so please keep this information handy.
- Remember to never provide any sensitive information of your credit/debit card, except for the issuing bank (name and country may be requested).
- On March 16, 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed new rules to card transactions, limiting credit and debit cards to local POS and ATM payments only. In order to buy crypto or top up your Crypto.com wallet, please check with your issuing bank how to activate international online payments for your card. If your card has been enabled for online purchases and your transactions are still failing, please double check your issuing bank’s acceptable use policy. Despite that India‘s Supreme Court has lifted the ban on crypto trading, the number of local banks is still declining crypto sale/ purchase transactions.