UPDATE (DEC. 2020)- Please refer here for an important update for users with an existing EUR Fiat Wallet
Bank transfers via SEPA Network are a relatively inexpensive way to transfer funds into the Crypto.com App.
For information on the use of Transferwise to fund your EUR Bank Transfers via SEPA Network, read here:
How to set up my EUR fiat wallet?
- Go to “Fiat Wallet” from Super App Menu Button OR
From the homepage, Tap “Transfer” > “Deposit” > “Fiat”
- Tap on “+ Set Up New Currency” button
- Setup EUR (SEPA)
- Complete the EUR wallet set-up as per the SEPA network instructions and T&C acceptance
- Use the bank account info provided to transfer directly through your bank via the SEPA network
- We will notify you once your bank transfer has been successfully deposited
How to deposit EUR?
Upon successful setup of the SEPA bank transfer account, you will see an information page with all the details necessary to transfer EUR from your bank account. This information can be also assessed via the “Transfer” button in your EUR fiat wallet.
Please keep in mind that only SEPA transfers from bank accounts bearing your name will be accepted. The information needed consists of:
- Beneficiary name - the legal name you used to register in our app (this is the person you’re sending the money to)
- IBAN - this is the bank account number, to which you are sending the funds
- BIC/SWIFT code - some banks require it to transfer the money
- Institution name, address and country - not all banks require this info, but if they do, please use the details provided here
There may be slight differences in the details required by banks, but the information you have here will be sufficient for all of them.
How to purchase crypto your EUR fiat wallet?
Funds in your EUR Wallet can be used to purchase crypto in the Crypto.com App.
Once the funds are in (you will receive an in-app notification and an email), you can purchase crypto by:
- Tap the Trade button on the homepage
- Tap the Buy button
- Selecting the crypto you wish to buy
- Tap on Fiat Wallet
- Select EUR
There’s a few things to remember, when making a bank transfer to your Crypto.com App:
- EUROs: Only EUR SEPA** transfers will be accepted. An EUR transfer initiated from outside of SEPA will not be successful, and substantial fees for international transfer may be imposed on your funds.
- Your Named Account: We can only accept transfers from bank accounts opened under your own name. 3rd party transfers (e.g. payments from your customers, salary transferred by your employer, etc.) will not be accepted. Specifically, we will not accept transfers from crypto exchanges (e.g. Kraken, Bittrex, etc.).
- Processing Time: Although SEPA transfers are very fast (usually same or next-day), please allow 2-5 business days for the funds to arrive to your account, especially if you’re transferring money to your app for the first time. If you don’t see the funds in your app by that time, please email our support at [email protected] or use the in-app/website chat (you can find it in the Settings section).
- Common Issues: The most common reasons for your transfer being on hold (i.e. not reaching your app within 2-5 business days), are:
- the name of your bank account does not fully match your name on our record
- you sent the funds from a joint account
- your transfer was not made from a bank, but a payments processing company (e.g. Stripe, Transferwise, etc.)
- your transfer was not a SEPA transfer, or came from an unsupported institution (e.g. a crypto exchange)
When contacting our support, please be ready to provide us with supporting documents (e.g. a bank statement) showing your full name, bank account you made the transfer from, and - ideally - the transaction itself.
- Although SEPA transfers are free, your bank may charge you fees, specifically if you’re initiating your SEPA transfer from a non-EUR account. Please check with your bank, before proceeding.