Bank transfers via ACH Network are a relatively inexpensive way to transfer funds from your bank account into the Crypto.com App*.
*Requires app version iOS / Android 3.29 or higher
How to set up USD bank transfers?
You can set up bank transfers with any of the following options by:
- Tapping on the “fiat deposits promo card” on the home screen (if available) and selecting USD (US Banks)
- Tapping on the Deposit (QR Code icon) button on the home screen, and then selecting “+ Set Up Account” under USD Bank Transfer
- Tapping on the Buy button on the home screen, selecting the cryptocurrency you want to purchase, and then choosing Set Up Account under USD Bank Transfer
- U.S. Residential Address (P.O box are not acceptable)
- Social Security Number (SSN)**
**This will NOT trigger a credit check
How to deposit USD?
Upon successful setup of USD Fiat Wallet, you will see an information page with all the necessary details to transfer USD from your bank account via the ACH network.
Please keep in mind that only USD transfers from bank accounts matching your name will be accepted. The required information include:
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Account Type: Checking
- Bank: Metropolitan Commercial Bank
There may be slight differences in the details required by banks, but the information you have here will be sufficient for all of them.
How to use the USD funds from your bank transfer?
Funds in your USD Wallet can be used for purchasing crypto in our App or for topping up your MCO Visa card- you cannot transfer the funds outside of our App.
Once the funds are in (you will receive an in-app notification and an email), you can purchase crypto by:
- Clicking on the Buy button on the homepage
- Selecting the crypto you wish to buy
- Choose Fiat Wallet from the options available on the screen
- Select USD
There are a few things to remember when making a USD bank transfer to your Crypto.com App:
- USD: Only USD* transfers will be accepted from a bank account on the ACH network.
- Your Named Account: We can only accept transfers from bank accounts opened under your own name. 3rd party transfers (e.g. payments from your customers, salary transferred by your employer, etc.) will not be accepted. Specifically, we will not accept transfers from crypto exchanges (e.g. Kraken, Bittrex, etc.).
- Processing Time: Although USD bank transfers are very fast (usually same or next-day), please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to arrive to your account, especially if you are transferring money to your App for the first time. If you do not see the funds in your App by that time, please email our support at [email protected] or use the in-app/website chat (you can find in-app chat in the Settings section).
Common Issues: The most common reasons for your transfer being on hold (i.e. not reaching your App within 3-5 business days), are:
- The name of your bank account does not fully match your name on our record.
- You sent the funds from a joint account.
- Your transfer was not made from a bank, but a payments processing company (e.g. PayPal, Transferwise, etc.).
- Your bank transfer was not from a bank on the ACH network, or that it came from an unsupported institution (e.g. a crypto exchange).
- You have transferred over the daily limit of $5,000 USD.
When contacting our support, please be ready to provide us with supporting documents (e.g. a bank statement) showing your full name, bank account you made the transfer from, and - ideally - the transaction itself.
It is not possible to sell your crypto to fiat money and have it deposited into your Bank Transfer Wallet.