If you already have an existing wallet created on other applications like Ledger, Metamask or MyEtherWallet, you can easily import your existing wallet by entering your 12/18/24-word recovery phrase on the Crypto.com Wallet.
And of course, if you have previously created a Crypto.com Wallet, you can also recover the wallet with the 12-word recovery phrase.
A recovery phrase is the key to access your wallet and funds, it usually consists of 12/18/24 randomly generated words and is generated when you first create a wallet. Get your recovery phrase ready, either from your secret hiding place or accessible from your external application settings -
How to import your existing wallet to Crypto.com wallet
- When you launch your Crypto.com Wallet for the first time, you will see 3 wallet creation methods, tap [Import an existing wallet]
- You will see an introduction screen, tap [Restore with recovery phrase]
- Enter your 12/18/24-word recovery phrase one-by-one in the right order
- Tap [Restore] when you finish
- You will see an “Import success” modal when your wallet is successfully imported
- Don’t forget to set a passcode and enable biometrics ID or 2FA code afterwards to protect your wallet further
Why can’t I tap on the [Restore] button?
Please double check whether there are any invalid words or spelling errors and ensure you have entered at least 12 words. You may tap on the corresponding word bubble to edit the word.
Why does the error say “unable to validate my recovery phrase”?
Please double check whether the words are correct and in the right order, please ensure you have entered all your 12/18/24-word phrase.