At Crypto.com we’re committed to Security. We are the first crypto company to achieve some of the industry's highest security standards. We’re constantly investing heavily in our people, technology, and processes to maintain the highest standards.
As an industry leader, we believe we have an obligation to share our best knowledge and good practices with our customers.
Regardless if you’re an experienced Crypto.com Exchange trader, heavy Crypto.com App user, Crypto.com DeFi Wallet storer or are planning to start your journey with crypto this very moment - Cybersecurity and Privacy threats are real and the same for everyone.
The most common bad habits
- The device unlock sequence/passcode is the same as Crypto.com App or Crypto.com DeFi Wallet
- Passing around Crypto.com Visa Card when meeting friends so that they can feel its premium finishing before ordering it too
- Crypto.com DeFi Wallet recovery phrase is kept on the same device as the Wallet App
- Crypto.com App/Exchange accounts shared the same password as the registered email account
- The same email address is used for various crypto wallets, services and exchanges
- The app used for Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is installed on the same device as the Crypto.com App
DO’s and DON’Ts
When it comes to your privacy and security, there’s not much room left for convenience. These are the priority aspects for which it is worth making compromises.
- Always set a unique passcode and/or pattern lock for your phone, Crypto.com App and Crypto.com DeFi Wallet This will help protect your data and funds in case you lose your device.
- Use a unique email address to register an account
Works best when paired with anti-phishing code.
- Use strong and unique passwords (consider installing password management software)
With a password manager, you can free your mind from having to remember multiple password combinations. Just make sure your master password is strong yet easy for you to remember, like phrases that are only meaningful to you.
- Never publish or share the backside of your Crypto.com Visa Card with anyone Make sure to always pay with a card yourself. Avoid sharing your card with others at social gatherings.
- Do not share credentials to your account(s) like MFA, PIN or password with anyone
No one from Crypto.com will ever ask for your login credentials, private keys, MFA security codes or recovery phrases, no matter which mode of communication you use to communicate with us.
- Do not store your MFA recovery code and Crypto.com DeFi Wallet recovery phrase on the same device you use to access our products
Multi-medium backup is a standard that will help you to conveniently recover access to your account in case of loss of device with your Multi-factor Authentication.
- Do not store passwords and logins in an unencrypted form
Don't sacrifice security for momentary convenience. One cannot predict the exact timing for accidental device loss or an unauthorised, 3rd party access attempt. You must always be prepared and protected.