What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an additional security layer to email verification and your account password. With 2FA enabled, you will have to provide the 2FA code when performing certain actions on the Crypto.com NFT platform.
How does TOTP work?
Crypto.com NFT uses a Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) for Two-Factor Authentication, it involves generating a temporary, unique one-time 6-digit code* that is only valid for 30 seconds. You will need to enter this code to perform actions that affect your assets or personal information on the platform.
*Please keep in mind that the code should consist of numbers only.
How do I set up 2FA on my Crypto.com NFT account?
2FA setup flow
1. Within the “Settings” page, click “Set Up 2FA” under “Security”
2. Scan the QR code with an authenticator app*, or copy the code to the app to add it manually. Then click “Proceed to Verify”.
*Users will need to install authenticator apps like Google Authenticator or Authy to set up 2FA
3. Input the verification code that is sent to your email inbox and click “Proceed”
4. Enter the 6-digit verification code displayed in your authenticator app and click “Submit”
5. After the setup has been completed, you should see a “Success” message.
Please note that the 2FA set up in your Crypto.com NFT account is independent of the one set up for your accounts across other Crypto.com ecosystem products.
Which actions are secured by 2FA?
After 2FA has been enabled, the following actions performed on the Crypto.com NFT platform will require users to enter the 2FA code:
Request payout from NFT account to App account
Payment using NFT account balance
End auction & accept the highest bid