Your recovery phrase is very important to you as it is the master private key to access and spend your crypto assets. In the event of device theft, loss or failure, your recovery phrase is literally the ultimate key to regain access to your funds by importing your wallet on another device - Crypto.com will not keep a copy!
Crypto.com DeFi Wallet does not allow you to skip the backup recovery phrase flow during onboarding as we want to make sure you’re in a safe and private place before you go ahead to write down your 12-word phrase.
As soon as you find a safe and private place, do back up your recovery phrase as soon as possible - just like you will set a PIN code to your ATM card as soon as you receive it.
You can enter the backup recovery phrase from the following entry points -
During onboarding: You should see the backup recovery phrase flow right after you create a 6-digit passcode for your Wallet.
After onboarding: You can easily start to backup recovery phrase by navigating to:
Home Screen > Explore > Tap [Backup Recovery Phrase]
Settings > Security > Tap [Recovery Phrase]
2. Read through the instructions and make sure you are in a safe and private place before proceeding. Please don’t continue if you are in a public area!
3. Tap [Reveal my recovery phrase] to see your 12-word phrase in the next screen
4. Swipe or tap each card to reveal the 12-word phrase one-by-one, don’t forget to write them down in the right order. We do not recommend you to screenshot your recovery phrase.
5. Tap [Continue] once you have finished writing the 12-word phrase down and cross checked to make sure you got them right.
6. Confirm your recovery phrase once again and tap [Continue]
7. You will see a “Backup completed” success screen
8. Tap [See tips] to find out where to store your written recovery phrase in a secure location
Where can I revisit my recovery phrase and security tips?
Go to Settings > Security, tap [Recovery Phrase]
Tap [See tips] to revisit the security tips on where to store your recovery phrase safely in an offline, secure location
Tap [Continue] to enter your passcode (and 2FA code if enabled) to revisit your recovery phrase