How do I sign up to be a Crypto.com Tax user?
Anyone is welcome to use our service. You can sign up using your email address or Google account. You don’t need to be a Crypto.com user - in fact, we are bringing this service to every retail user to make your life easier!
Which documents are required?
To prepare for your tax returns, you need to have the details of your cryptocurrency transactions across all your exchange/wallet accounts since the time you acquired your first coin. Even if you are only filing your tax return for 2020, in order for the cost basis to be currently reflected, the entire transaction history must be in place for correct results.
What are the steps to prepare for my tax filing?
Step 1: Register your account in Crypto.com Tax
Step 2: Import your transactions in our product in 4 ways:
- API synchronization with the supporting wallets/exchanges
- Import the CSV file exported from our supporting wallets/exchanges
- Import our Crypto.com Tax CSV for the non-supporting wallets/exchanges
- Manually add your transactions
Step 3: Review your tax calculation in Transaction, and make amendments if necessary You can also click each transaction to view the calculation of capital gain/loss in details.
Step 4: Generate the below tax reports on the page of Tax Reports:
- Capital gain/loss CSV file, including the amount of Proceeds, Cost basis, Selling expense and Capital gain/loss
- Transaction history CSV file for keeping the books and records
- Income report for keeping track of cryptocurrency you received
- Gifts, donations & payments report for keeping records of all the cryptocurrency you sent
Step 5: Fill in the necessary information on your tax forms according to the information we provide to you in the downloaded tax reports. For some of the jurisdictions like the US, you can attach our tax reports to your tax return when filing to your tax bureau!