CRO Staking Benefits
Staking CRO on the Crypto.com App will give you the following benefits:
- Reserve one of our premium metal Crypto.com Visa cards
- Receive Crypto Wallet Benefits i.e. Purchase Rebates, Extra Card Cashback
- Enjoy better APR in Crypto Credit and Crypto Earn
CRO Stake Rewards: Receive CRO at 10% p.a. for Jade Green or Royal Indigo, 12% p.a. for Frosted Rose Gold, Icy White and Obsidian tiers while the amount is staked.
CRO Staking rates have been changed from 16% (18% for private users) to 10% (12% for private users) effective October 15, 2020 09:00 AM UTC.
- Users with an existing stake will still receive the 16%/18% rate until 180 days staking period is over. New rate (10%/12%) will take effect once the staking period has matured or if there is any staking activity that changes your CRO staked amount.
- Users with an existing stake and completed the 180 days staking period will have a rate adjusted to 10%/12% effective 2020-10-15 9:00:00am UTC. This will affect the payout on 2020-10-14.
For details of different levels of benefits in relation to the amount of staked CRO, please refer to the Crypto.com Cards section of our website.
How to stake CRO in the Crypto.com App?
Once you have enough CRO tokens in your Crypto.com App for your selected Crypto.com Visa card:
- Go to the Card page (bottom-right corner of the app)
- Select your desired Crypto.com Visa card
- Tap the Stake CRO button and follow the on-screen instructions
To stake CRO, you need to have an adequate amount of CRO Tokens in your CRO wallet in the Crypto.com App. To do so, there are 3 options:
A. Purchase CRO in the Crypto.com App:
- Tap the Trade button
- Tap Buy
- Select CRO from the list
- Choose purchase method. You can fund your CRO wallet with:
5. Enter the required amount of CRO
6. Confirm the purchase
B. Exchange from other crypto to CRO in the Crypto.com App:
- Tap the Trade button
- Tap Sell
- Select a wallet with your other crypto
- Select CRO as the deposit to crypto wallet
- Enter the required amount of CRO
- Confirm the purchase
C. Deposit CRO from an external wallet or exchange to your Crypto.com App:
For the current list of exchanges with CRO, please refer here.
When should I stake CRO to secure the Crypto.com Visa card?
Staking CRO will give you the staking benefits stated above.
When your metal Crypto.com Visa card is ready to ship, we will notify you to update the app and stake the CRO in the App - that's when you will need to stake them in order to receive your Crypto.com Visa card.
Can I increase the staking amount (upgrade)?
Yes. During the initial 180-days staking period, you can increase the amount of staked CRO, by going to your CRO wallet in the app and selecting the Upgrade button.
You will be prompted to add the difference between your existing stake and the one you are going for (so, for example, if you've currently staked 2,000 CRO and would like to increase to 20,000 CRO, you will need to add 18,000 CRO).
The new stake will reset the timer and another 180-days period will start. To increase your staking amount after your Crypto.com card has been issued, please follow this upgrade process (U.S.) (Singapore) (E.U & U.K) (Canada).
How can I unlock my CRO?
After the 180-days staking period is completed, you'll be able to unlock your CRO. Simply go to the CRO wallet in your App and tap the “Unstake” button.
Note, that by unlocking CRO you will be losing a number of wallet benefits that come with CRO staking, for example:
However, your Crypto.com card benefits (e.g. Card Cashback (of up to 2%), LoungeKey™ Access, fee-free ATM withdrawal limits and Interbank Exchange Rates) will not be affected by un-staking CRO.