What is PayID?
PayID is a payment identifier protocol developed by Ripple and provides a single ID for anyone needing to send or receive money.
You can register for your unique PayID, username$payid.crypto.com, which will allow you and other senders to deposit funds into the Crypto.com App with ease.
Supported cryptocurrencies for PayID deposits:
BTC, XRP, ETH and CRO
You can also whitelist external PayIDs to withdraw funds from the Crypto.com App. Depending on the external PayIDs, most of the Crypto.com App listed coins can be withdrawn to the whitelisted PayIDs.
Supported cryptocurrencies for PayID withdrawals:
BTC, XRP, ETH and supported ERC-20 tokens i.e. CRO
When can I register for a PayID?
Users eligible for early registration will be able to register first during the exclusive registration period from 19 October- 2 November, 2020 00:00 UTC. All users can register afterwards. PayID is currently not available to Australian users.
As each PayID is unique and tied to one user only, the usernames will be registered on a first come first serve basis.
Early registration eligibility:
How do I register for a PayID?
- Go to ‘PayID’ under ‘Settings’ in the Crypto.com App
- Tap on ‘Register a PayID’
- Enter a unique username*
- Confirm your registration
- By default all 4 coins (CRO, ETH, BTC and XRP) are linked to this PayID, you can choose to unlink the coins
*Username must be between 3-164 characters (digits: “0-9”; letters: “a-z” (all should be small) and special characters: “. - _”)
How do I deposit with my PayID?
- Complete the PayID registration
- Go to Crypto Wallet and select Transfer > Deposit
- Select the coin (BTC, XRP, ETH or CRO) you want to deposit and tap on PayID
- Tap on the copy button to copy your PayID
- If the preferred coined is unlinked, press ‘edit’ to link it
- Exit the Crypto.com App to an external wallet
- Paste your PayID to your external wallet’s withdrawal section and follow the external wallet’s withdrawal steps
How do I add a PayID to whitelist for withdrawals?
- Go to Crypto Wallet and select Transfer > Withdraw > External Wallet > PayID > + Add New PayId
- Enter the external PayID and confirm
How do I withdraw with PayID?
- Go to Crypto Wallet and select Transfer > Withdraw
- Select the receiving PayID to withdraw to. If you haven’t added a PayID to whitelist, add one first.
- Select coin and amount for withdrawal and confirm
How do I link/unlink coins with my PayID?
- Go to Settings > PayID
- Tap on Edit
- Select coins to link or unlink
How do I remove PayID from whitelist?
- Go to Crypto Wallet and select Transfer > Withdraw > External Wallet > PayID
- Swipe left on the PayID you would like to remove
- Tap on the delete icon and confirm removal